It was one of those days where there was the occasional argument that called
for me to serve as referee. But for the most part it was a “Great Saturday.”
99% of the time we wake up to the sounds of
the happiest baby girl in the world. This just makes our day, even if I have
had a rough night of sleep, how can I stay grumpy with such a sweetheart little
girl? The boys love Saturday mornings
because they get more freedom to play video games (which means Minecraft or The
Lego Avengers game, AKA video game heaven for them). Since the boys were busy
entertaining themselves I decided to focus on day 4 of potty training with
Charlotte. Now, I don’t want to brag but I honestly thought that potty training
this time around would be really hard. Mainly because Izek and Maxwell were
both pretty easy and also because I honestly thought potty training a girl
would be much harder. I really and
truly was prepared for the worst. Charlotte turns 21 months on
Valentine’s Day so I wasn’t planning on “pushing” potty training because she is
still so tiny and isn’t even 2 yet! But, she started coming to us (even the
boys) and telling us she had to go, so I figured she’s ready so let’s do this!
Our special trick with the boys was plain old
M&M’s. I am not usually one to reward with candy or sugar (because then I
would usually end up rewarding myself, for NO reason; again- "insert sarcasm") but we only did it for a
short period of time and it worked like magic. We would give them one single
M&M for going #1 and a tiny handful for going #2. Once I could tell they
had gotten it we stopped the M&M’s pretty quick. Scott and I were just
talking a few days ago about how with the boys we never even had any issues
with accidents.
It seems like for the most part Charlotte has
figured out how to tell us when she has to go #2, so I need to get her to
realize when she has to go #1. So, we are not 100% potty trained but our little
princess is really doing awesome. I even put her to bed and it was
quiet for about 10 minutes (she normally goes right to sleep), then I heard her
calling “momma.” I went in and asked her if she had to go to the bathroom and
she nodded. I kept most of the lights off and sat her on the toilet. Waited for
about 5 minutes and then she went #1 and #2. Gave her hugs and a huge high five
(and three little marshmallows, I didn’t want to go buy M&M’s and have
chocolate in the house). Put the little angel back in bed and she went right to
sleep. Love our baby girl!
Maxwell has been feeling a little off the
last couple of days and so he ended up falling asleep in the afternoon. I made some fresh fruit and veggie juice with Izek which he and Charlotte gobbled up. Then I sent Izek
and Charlotte outside while I did some cleaning in the kitchen. Although
sometimes I wonder if Izek is going to send me to an early grave, he really is
the BEST BIG BROTHER. He cares and loves his brother and sister so much.
Actually what has me worried is that Charlotte is going to have her two big
brothers wrapped around her little finger. I watched them play out the window
for about 10 minutes and I was just entranced. Izek had Charlotte on his lap,
sharing his snack with her when he leaned over and she gave him a kiss. Then he
jumped with her on the trampoline (one of her most favorite things to do) while
bouncing balls to her, then he could tell she wanted to ride his scooter with
him, and although it probably wasn’t the safest thing and I should have gone
out there to stop him…I just stood at the window and cried (because my heart
was so full of love). Charlotte was all smiles as he kept trying to stand her
on his scooter and balance her around (unsuccessfully I might add). The next
thing I know, he has gone and found Maxwell’s old toddler bike and he’s racing
Charlotte around on it while she squeals in pure delight. Oh how I love and
appreciate my oldest son and what a great young man he is growing up to become!
So, although I would probably never win the
“Parent of the Year” Award…I might get an award for a “Great Saturday.”


No comments:
Post a Comment