Friday, August 28, 2009

Maxwell's Race to turn "2"

Our littlest guy Maxwell turned "2" yesterday and it was a little sad for mom and dad. We can't believe how time has just flown by! It seems like we just moved here, I was pregnant with Maxwell, and that I was just in the hospital yesterday having him. He has grown into such a handsome, big boy with lots of personality. He is 110% a "daddy's boy!" He is such a fun, playful, and sweet spirited little guy. It is fun to watch him play at night after Izek has gone to bed because he gets this attitude of "the house is mine now!" His favorite thing to do is play with his hot wheel cars. Anywhere and anytime he can: he rolls around on the floor with them, drives them all over the furniture, drives them on mom and dad (whenever he gets a chance), and just is content with a little car in each hand.
We have been so busy getting ready to move that we decided to wait until later in September to have a little party for him with some close friends. I started the day letting the boys help me make the birthday cake, then we decided to go out to dinner at Buca Di Beppo and had such a blast. Maxwell loved his food and especially the BIG CUPCAKE they brought him. Then we came home, had a chocolate race car cake for him (mom's last minute attempt at cake decorating) and opened his presents. We love him so much and enjoy every minute of happiness he brings to our lives. Happy Birthday Maxwell Taylor Nelson!









1 comment:

Aubree said...

He is one cute kid! I love that he is such a cross between you and Scott. I am glad he had a fun bday. Where are you moving?