Many of you probably don't know that I went back to school...or at least just my close family and friends do. This picture is how I feel most days of my life right now. I started back to school last spring and I am happy to say if all goes as planned I will be graduated with my Bachelor's by the end of July from BYU-I. I must admit I have not always enjoyed school. When I graduated from Ricks College in 1998 with my Associates degree I was beyond thrilled. I planned on getting my Bachelor's right after my AA but life just kept taking me in different directions.
After I got married in 1999 I attended school here and there. I even went to Interior Design school which was really fun. I have decided that as I have gotten older everything interests me. I will see a commercial for cooking school or photography school and mention to my husband that they look fun! He would smile and say sweetly, "Honey, we can't afford for you to go to every school you see on TV." He is right...I can't attend school as a hobby.
A few years ago I called BYU to get the information to finish my degree online and they sent it to me. I procrastinated and it got lost in a box somewhere amidst a move. Finally for some reason I felt inspired to try the online thing again. I called BYU and they told me that BYU-I had an online program and that it might be faster for me to get my degree this way. I called and wouldn't you know it school was starting that next month (April 2010). I raced to get ALL my transcripts and all the forms in on time. I registered and everything just fell into place. Honestly...looking back I don't think I had much of a hand in it. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing in my life right now. I am grateful that Heavenly Father guided me in this direction.
After I got married in 1999 I attended school here and there. I even went to Interior Design school which was really fun. I have decided that as I have gotten older everything interests me. I will see a commercial for cooking school or photography school and mention to my husband that they look fun! He would smile and say sweetly, "Honey, we can't afford for you to go to every school you see on TV." He is right...I can't attend school as a hobby.
A few years ago I called BYU to get the information to finish my degree online and they sent it to me. I procrastinated and it got lost in a box somewhere amidst a move. Finally for some reason I felt inspired to try the online thing again. I called BYU and they told me that BYU-I had an online program and that it might be faster for me to get my degree this way. I called and wouldn't you know it school was starting that next month (April 2010). I raced to get ALL my transcripts and all the forms in on time. I registered and everything just fell into place. Honestly...looking back I don't think I had much of a hand in it. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing in my life right now. I am grateful that Heavenly Father guided me in this direction.
I am not sure why I am putting this all out here for everyone to read. Maybe because I am older now I have a much greater appreciation for education. I am grateful to be attending a church school and to feel the spirit in each one of my classes. I am even more grateful for a supportive spouse who is helping me endure this along the way. A spouse, who by the way came home 3hours early today to take the kids to the park so I could work on some homework in peace and quiet. Instead I took a quick break and am blogging about it (shhhh! don't tell him). I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and get all I can out of my classes. When all is said and done I will have a Bachelor's degree on my wall! I will have majored in Marriage and Family Studies and minored in Communications and Interior Design. I love my life and while at this time it is much more difficult and stressful than it has ever been before...I know that my life has purpose, that Heavenly Father gave me an amazing eternal family and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

1 comment:
I think you are amazing! I can't imagine going to school and being a mom and working and doing all the other things you accomplish! It's great that you have a husband who supports you and tries to make your life easier through it all, but I know when my mom was doing all that when I was a teenager, I knew that Heavenly Father was helping her each step of the way as well. Thanks for sharing your experience and your testimony... you're awesome!!
Post a Comment