Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Izek's Birth Story

I am so horrible at blogging lately. Scott has been constantly nagging me to catch up and at least do Izek's Birthday. So here is a post dedicated to our miracle oldest son. Our journey to beginning our family was a rough road. It took us almost 5 years to get pregnant with Izek...for those of you who are close family and friends knew that we actually had been scheduled to go to an LDS Social Services Adoption Orientation on a Saturday in May 2005. In the middle of the week prior to this Saturday I felt impressed I could be pregnant. I shook it off because I had taken so many tests and been disappointed. Finally I took a test...IT WAS POSITIVE! I still couldn't believe it so I made an appointment and had them rush the blood work to be sure! IT WAS TRUE....Heavenly Father was going to bless us with a baby! I didn't tell Scott right away, I wanted to do something very special to tell him! We had waited so long I wanted it to be such a memoriable experience. I told my close friend Jen and she helped me...I decorated the apartment with tons of baby stuff: pink/blue balloons, streamers, baby signs, and even twin baby girl and boy dolls. I got a few gifts for Scott: a Fatherhood quote book, an "It's a girl/boy" beanie doll, and baby birthday cake. I called one of our favorite places to eat (well mine really-LOL) PF Chang's and made reservations. It was in downtown Sacramento and Scott was going to meet me there. I got there early and talked to the manager...everything had to go perfectly. Scott had no idea; he thought we were just meeting to have dinner together because he was working late. Scott arrived and we started eating and just enjoyed talking about our week so far. I asked the server if he could bring our fortune cookies out because I love fortune cookies (which was normal for me to want it before the check came out). I had typed up "You're going to receive an unexpected little surprise" for Scott's fortune and hid it inside his cookie. He didn't think anything of it! Then finally towards the end of the meal I had them bring out his gifts. He started opeing them, looked a little confused but as he started to see more of the gifts his eyes started to water. He said, "Are you...pregnant?" I couldn't even cry because I was all cried out and so happy! He was so excited and gave me a big hug! We sent both our parents flowers the next day with a card that read "Happy EARLY Grandparents Day!" Here are a few pics of Izek's birth on December 30th 2005. (sorry they are not the best...we had a really crappy camera at the time)





No comments: